405-697-1789 [email protected]
Select Page

Using CDBG or HOME Funds for Your Project? You Need to Know About Section 104(d)!
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds are subject to section 104(d), a section of a federal law called the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.

Section 104(d) only applies to HUD’s CDBG & HOME programs, including CDBG Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) and HOME American Rescue Plan Program (HOME-ARP).

When does it apply?
Section 104(d) generally applies when lower-income dwelling units are demolished or converted in connection with a CDBG- or HOME-assisted activity. However, there are many nuances, and section 104(d) can sometimes be complex.

What are section 104(d)’s key requirements?
Residential Anti-displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan (RARAP)
Relocation Assistance for Displaced Lower-income Persons
One-for-One Replacement of Lower-income Dwelling Units

Do you need a refresher?
Did you know eligible displaced persons can choose between section 104(d) relocation assistance or Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970s, as amended (URA) relocation assistance?

Do you know the definitions for conversion, demolition, and lower-income dwelling unit?

Do you know who’s responsible for replacing lower-income dwelling units? Or when they must be replaced or where replacement units must be located?

Check out URA the HUD Way Training Module 2: Section 104(d) Overview to find out the answers to these questions and learn more about if your project is subject to section 104(d) requirements.

Launch URA the HUD Way Module 2

The URA the HUD Way Training is available 24/7 on the HUD Exchange and offers eight self-paced training modules covering URA basics and other topics. Explore all modules.

(Source: HUD Exchange)

%d bloggers like this: