|Locating the right energy and water efficiency resources available to multifamily property owners can be a challenge. The Better Buildings Challenge Multifamily team has responded by creating a new Multifamily Energy and Water Efficiency Resources page on the HUD Exchange. The resources categorized by topic cover everything from Retrofit Planning to Resident Engagement.
- Don’t know where to start? The Utility Benchmarking resources are designed to help multifamily property owners catalog their building portfolios and analyze energy and water performance over time.
- Wondering what to do with all that utility data? Check out the Retrofit Planning resources, which use energy and water consumption data to suggest targeted upgrades for the most inefficient properties.
- In the dark about how to pay for building upgrades? Browse resources on Retrofit Finance, including an interactive ‘Financing Navigator,’ database of state-level energy efficiency incentives and a financial decision tree.
- Trying to choose the best products for your properties? View Building and Product Standards for links to ASHRAE, IECC, ENERGY STAR®, and WaterSense standards and products.
- Want to ensure optimal performance of your building systems? The Operations and Maintenance resources help property owners and managers incorporate green and healthy practices into current operations and maintenance procedures.
- Changing resident behavior to start a new campaign? Use Resident Engagement Toolkits to lower your utility costs by creating your own resident energy efficiency education and engagement plan.
Don’t forget to check out the Multifamily Energy and Water Efficiency Resource Library on the HUD Exchange.