|In conjunction with National Family Caregivers Month, USAging has organized a two-day, virtual symposium to learn about local innovative models for supporting older adults, people with disabilities, and caregivers through the use of volunteers. The symposium will promote and elevate awareness of the Community Care Corps initiative among stakeholder groups, highlight the work of grantees, and share lessons learned with others who may wish to start similar programs. The symposium will incorporate keynote addresses and panel presentations featuring grantee recipients, researchers, and other experts on topics such as caregiving, volunteerism, and the value and impact of non-medical care.
Presenters will share information and insights on engaging leaders and activating volunteers to participate in innovative models that address the needs of caregivers at the community level.
Speakers and Moderators:
- Keynote: Atalaya Sergi, Seniors Director, AmeriCorps Seniors
- Sherri Clark, Aging Services Program Specialist, ACL
- Juliet Simone, National Program and Health Director, Oasis Institute
- Maggie Ratnayake, Interim Executive Director, Lori’s Hands
- Paul Weiss, President, Oasis Institute
- Sandy Markwood, CEO, USAging
- Tobi Johnson, President & Founder, VolunteerPro
- Keynote: Alison Barkoff, Acting Administrator and Assistant Secretary for Aging, ACL
- Greg Link, Director, Office of Supportive and Caregiver Services, AoA, ACL
- Abigail Cox, Director, Division of Aging Services, Georgia Department of Human Services
- Anne Montgomery, Director, Center for Eldercare Improvement, Altarum
- Dana Howarth, Program Director, New Mexico Caregivers Coalition
- Diane Cohn, Supervisor, Caregiver Support Program, Northern Colorado Services, Volunteers of America Colorado
- Grace Whiting, President & CEO, National Alliance for Caregiving
- Javan Mangum, Community Outreach Manager, Ascension Saint Agnes Hospital Health Institute
- Jennifer Carson, HHCJ Administrator and Compliance & Privacy Officer, Hospice and Home of Juneau-a division of Catholic Community Services
- John Schall, CEO, Caregiver Action Network (CAN)
- Judy Anderson, Director, Community & Volunteer Services, Aroostook Agency on Aging
- Sarah Slocum, Deputy Director, Eldercare Improvement, Altarum
- Yanira Cruz, President & CEO, National Hispanic Council on Aging (NHCOA)
For questions, contact Community Care Corps.